I had been desperately trying to read Mockingjay for two days with minimal success. I think by Friday night I was only halfway through it. And I really wanted to finish it on Saturday. So I had a pretty frank talk with Austin. I begged him to take just one decent nap, allowing me to devote that time to nothing but Mockingjay. And guess what my obedient boy did?
He slept from 9-10am (this alone would have made me happy). And then from 11-12:30pm. And then from 1-2:30pm. I couldn't believe it! This was a nap-record day for us.
I was able to finish Mockingjay (wow..by the way) and do 5 loads of laundry.
Wouldn't it be nice if that's where the story ended? Yes, it would be.
But it isn't.
Saturday night Austin woke up every 2 hours. Last night he woke up almost every hour. I think he's seeking his revenge. Let's just hope he's satisfied by now and sleeps well tonight.


2 comments:
Being up all night is probably worth getting to finish the book on Saturday though. I'm actually thinking about writing my own version of Mockingjay...I'll most likely need your help so hopefully little Austin keeps having those long naps.
At least you got to finish the book. I loved it too.
Post a Comment