I absolutely love being a mom. I have to admit, I've had plenty of days when I thought I just wasn't cut out for motherhood (and i even have a pretty easy baby). I feel a little bit sad when I think that I won't be going back to work this fall. I loved my job. But then I look at little Austin and I feel incredibly blessed that I get to stay home and raise him, which is exactly what I want. Though I'm still new to the whole mom thing, I have learned a thing or two. And I can say with confidence that moms are, in fact, superhuman. Here's why:
If you're a mom...
...you can accomplish a billion things in exactly one hour (or the length of a nap).
...you're able to function fully on only a few 2-3 hour naps at night...or less.
...you get excited when your baby toots, poops, sneezes (or really makes any sort of noise)
....you've taken close to one million picture in less than 3 months.
...you track your day based on daytime TV shows rather than the clock.
...you don't wear perfume...you wear baby spit up.
...you talk nonstop from the time your husband gets home until the time you go to bed.
...your hair in a ponytail is as stylish as it gets.
...you cherish the time you are in the shower like you never have before.
...nothing, and I mean NOTHING, fazes you: poop explosions, large amounts of baby barf, enormous boogers, excessive drool, blankets soaked in urine...you get the idea.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Us Superhumans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
He is too cute. And I agree with everything on your list. I would add, if you cherish your alone time grocery shopping.
My favorite from your list is talking nonstop when your husband gets home. I totally do that!
Adorable! I kinda want to join the club in fact! I guess we will see!
Post a Comment