Saturday, August 28, 2010

At Nana and Papa Spader's

For Toren's day off this week we decided to drive up to Seattle to visit my grandparents.  They absolutely adore Austin and happily held him all day.  My Nana had given me two baby blankets for Austin a long time ago and they are perfect in every way.  I only use those blankets, so I end up washing them pretty much daily.  While we were there she made us two more!! I was so happy!  Thanks Nana!


While we were there my cousin Carmen came over with her little boy, Parker.  Parker is 3 weeks younger than Austin, and I have a feeling they will be the best of friends -- especially if Austin will stop trying to beat Parker up.  It was so funny.  He seriously wouldn't stop touching Parker.  I would take his hand away and he just put it right back.  I think this is evidence of years of wrestling matches to come.


And, just because it's irresistible, I'm going to include this picture of Austin on our drive home, snuggled up to his new blanket.

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It was only 2 months ago that Brody was the one touching Austin. It's funny how big they get and mobile. He's too cute. I love the first picture, he looks so happy.

Heidi's Heartland said...

I am so Jealous! But so happy that you took the time to stay and visit with my parents! They DO LOVE AUSTIN. So do I.

Love, Nana Heidi

Seth & Carmen Grisham said...

Parker had so much fun! Can you tell in the last picture, he is pooing? hahaha I can't wait til they can really play together

Matt and Kristine said...

What cute blankets! He does look comfortable there. I think cousins close to your age are invaluable. What a blessing. And grandparents so close? I didn't realize they were a car ride away. Austin looks more and more like Toren every post.