Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a GREAT Day!

I'm incredibly busy every day.  By the end of the day I'm not quite sure what I've been busy doing, but I know I haven't sat down for any length of time (aside from during Austin feedings).  I feel like I am CONSTANTLY tidying the house.  But I never feel like I have time to really clean.  Today, I took the time. 

First I did all the usual things: make the bed, load any lingering dishes from last night into the dishwasher, put away everything that seems to just by lying about, fold laundry that I've been neglecting, etc.  But then...I scrubbed and disinfected every inch of both bathrooms and the kitchen.  I swept, mopped, and vacuumed everything.  Ok, I guess that's it.  Wow, it sure felt much more impressive while I was doing it.  I love the clean house feel, though.

Plus...

...My huge box from Diapers.com arrived today, in which were diapers and wipes at a cost cheaper than Costco.
...I got Mockingjay on audiobook.
...Austin took a nap today that lasted one whole hour (lately he's only been taking half hour naps and it's driving me nuts)
...Some friends delivered us a pie (which, in itself, would make for a great day).

Now I'm going to sit down with Mockingjay and a big slice of pie until my husband comes home (who probably won't even notice a difference). Phew..what a great day! 

I owe all of my cleaning success of the day to the Johnny Jump Up, my new best friend.

5 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

Makayla loved her little jumperoo. I was able to get so much more stuff done.

Wendy G. Atkins said...

you can come clean my house next! it's in need of some massive scrubbing. blahhh

Matt and Kristine said...

He is so young to be in a johnny jump up, what a strong boy. Whew! I am tired reading your cleaning day. I confess, I am not bad at the daily pick-up and dishes, but the deep scrubbing, not so much. Great job super mom!

Brent and Mallory said...

wow johnny jump up sounds like a great friend to have!

Maren and Blake said...

I LOVE this photo. I want to grab him out of the picture and give him smooches. I can't wait for you to be done with Mockingjay, I am almost done, so we can talk. It's SO good. How is the audiobook version?