Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On the bright side, I got a half-a-mile walk in.

Apartment living sucks.  I don't think anyone would disagree.  That, however, is an entirely different post.  Today's post is about one of the joys of apartment living: getting "special" mail.  What I mean is that when a piece of mail comes that won't fit in your 4-inch by 4-inch mail box you find a note that says: You have a package waiting at the Manager's office.  I was the lucky winner of one of those notes the other day.

A package!?!? As I loaded up the baby and began the the quarter-mile walk to the office, my head was swimming through through the limitless possibilities: a late baby gift, a care package for me (from whom I couldn't even begin to guess), a free sample I requested...  I was overwhelmed with excitement as I frolicked through the office doors and exclaimed, "I have a package waiting for me!"

"Oh, yes," the Manager replied.  "Enjoy!"  And she handed it over.



Yes, that is ESPN the magazine.  Just one more reason that sports are a big life ruiner.  On the bright side, I got a half-a-mile walk in.

6 comments:

Heidi's Heartland said...

I will try to send a special package from Thailand that will make the walk even more special

Anonymous said...

You know, Eric was as big a sports hound as Toren is now. I think that maybe egg each other on. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Austin abhors sports. Maybe I'll buy him a chess board.

Cheryl

Matt and Kristine said...

I'm with your mom! You need more mail that has nothing to do with sports!! Matt and were discussing the mail the other day. Why is it that it is so fun to get and look through each day? We had many ideas.

Maren and Blake said...

This is funny. I know how excited you must have been. AHHh sports!

Brent and Mallory said...

HA HA! That is totally what happens! When you are all excited it is almost a knife in the heart! I still love you audrey!

Amanda said...

Ok that's funny and also very disappointing. I hate it when there's a package key in our mailbox and the package turns out to not be for me... I also hate it when people put stupid flyers on the windshield of my car face down so I think it's a nice note, but it's actually a walmart ad. That happened yesterday. Pretty sure I tore it in half and threw it on the ground.