Last weekend was our ward Christmas party. I was actually quite excited about it because, instead of a potluck and talent show, we were making gingerbread houses! Kalen and I decided to team up to make one HUGE gingerbread house...and pack as much frosting and candy on to it as possible. It ended up coming out more like a gingerbread barn, but we were pretty happy with ourselves.
You probably can't tell, but a few pieces of candy are missing....can you guess who ate them, after we specifically asked him not to touch the gingerbread barn?

Demolishing....

...and feasting!
It was delicious, though I think I ate too much because about an hour later I wasn't feeling so good.

Then on Sunday morning we woke up to a festivous miracle!! It had already snowed several inches and it didn't appear to be stopping any time soon. It was beautiful. This was Baxter's first experience in the snow. At first, he was a little freaked out. I let him outside, but he wouldn't get off the deck. Finally, I had to pick him up and throw him into the snow. At first he seemed paralyzed. He just wouldn't move. He then proceeded to tip-toe in the snow, sniffing it was he went. And then....he went wild! He started running all over the yard, just absolutely loving the snow. From then on, he would come inside just to warm up for a minute and then beg to go outside again. It was so funny!

Toren and I bundled up Sunday afternoon to take the dogs for a winter walk around the neighborhood. Yes, Toren is wearing snowboarding goggles.



3 comments:
The video of Bax is so cute. How did Frisbee like the snow? I am sure he was more dainty about it. The gingerbread barn looked yummy. And I now understand where Bax gets his appetite from, his dad.
I am loving the snow. Makes it so pretty outside. The video of Baxter is hilarious! =)
wow snow in Oregon is not something you see a lot! I am glad to see baxter is so in love with the snow!
Post a Comment