Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Arctic Blast

I mentioned in an earlier post that we were blessed with some snow here in the Northwest. Well, since then we've been DUMPED on (hence the cancelled flights and dramatic trip from Seattle to Portland)! Schools were in session only one half-day last week. Church has been cancelled the last two Sundays. Many stores in the mall were even closed!! Roads have been closed and chains, required. The news stations are calling it The Arctic Blast. At the house we got more than 18 inches! At first it was kind of exciting, but now we're just ready for it to melt.


One of the most important things to do during The Arctic Blast was make sure that the satellite dish was clear of ice and snow so we could all watch our favorite shows.

Here's one of the big trees in the backyard totally weighed down by all the snow.
The house. It doesn't look like we're living in Oregon, huh? Our poor van, which hasn't been driven in ages...
I wanted to post a couple videos of The Arctic Blast, but I can't get them uploaded properly. I'll try to post them later.

1 comments:

Juli and Brett said...

I know what you mean about being excited for the snow and now being ready for it to be gone. I want it all to melt! It causes so many problems!