Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nine IN and Nine OUT

Austin has officially been out of my belly as long as he was in (well, not technically because he was five days late, but whatever).  I know I say this every month, but I really can't believe it.   I was okay when 6 months came along, and 7 months seemed close enough to 6, and 8 months was really only 2 months past 6, but NINE MONTHS!?!??!  It's just too close to one year, which I am not ready for.  It seems like Austin is practically changing over night these days.  His personality is really starting to shine through -- he's becoming quite a little cheeser.  Nearly all the conversations Toren and I have start with something like "Can you believe how cute he is?" or "Austin is such a silly little guy!" or "Hurry, look at what Austin is doing!"  Yes, we're those kind of sappy parents.  And we love (almost) every second of it.

At nine months Austin...

...has finally decided he likes real solid foods....sometimes (Cheerios, pancakes, scrambled eggs, fishy crackers, ham, graham crackers, spaghetti noodles....uh, whipped cream).
...can successfully climb up the one stair from the family room to the kitchen.
...loves going to church.
...will not nap unless he's in his crib or his carseat.
...pulls himself up on everything.
...takes side steps along the couch.
...makes clicking noises with his tongue.
...loves to swim at the swimming pool.
...is fascinated by the vacuum; he follows it/me around the house.
...takes two 2-hour naps a day most days.
...hates having socks on.
...is constantly crawling; he never stops moving.
...has two very sharp teeth.
...slept from 13.5 hours straight the other night.
...is becoming a bit of a mama's boy.



And after nine months of motherhood I....

...am finally getting good sleep at night.
...can finally fit into my smallest pre-pregnancy jeans.
...finally feel like I might be able to do this.

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I love the picture of Baxter and Austin staring eachother down. They are 2 peas in a pod.

Matt and Kristine said...

I love the snow picture. He looks totally mesmorized but fine with it at the same time. I LOVE that you posted how you are after nine months too. It truly takes a year to recover physically from a baby as well as feeling confident about the responsibilities. Women who say otherwise are lying. lol

Amanda said...

Holy cow I can't believe it's been 9 months... That means I'm almost a year older too..yikes. p.s. I still laugh every time I look at that poop picture. Seriously funniest thing ever.

Juli and Brett said...

Love the pics as always Audrey! You keep everything so real, I really like that! :) And that poop picture, oh man. NOT looking forward to days like that....