Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Month-Long Cold, Bronchitis, and TWO Ear Infections

Austin's been sick for almost a month now.  Just as it seems like he's feeling better...WHAM...he gets worse.  It's been absolutely brutal (for him and for me).  Well, over the weekend it just got insane.  I called the doctor's office Monday morning and they squeezed him in that evening.

He has bronchitis and infections in BOTH ears. 

The nurse gave him and Albuterol treatment to help loosen up the mucus on his lungs.  She said she couldn't believe how bad it was.  He was wheezing and coughing and snotting all over.  Despite it all, though, you better believe he was still flirting with all the nurses.  We got some antibiotics for his ears.  He's already feeling much better today, though the doctor said the bronchitis would probably stick around for at least another week.

The frustrating thing is that we were at the doctor's last week for the second round of the flu vaccine, and I had the doctor check his ears because I thought he had an infection.  She (not our usual doctor, by the way) said he had a little fluid but nothing that really needed antibiotics.  Oh well.  At least we have them now and they seem to be working.  Let's just hope that this is the end of the sick plague at our house.

So we spent today just bumming around the house.  Austin and Baxter spent a good deal of time wishing they could go play outside in the backyard.  Unfortunately it was only 40 degrees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you were closer so that we could give you a break and give Austin some snuggles.

Cheryl

Maren and Blake said...

Being sick is the worst, especially for a baby. I hope he starts feeling better soon. He is looking more like a little boy versus a baby. I can't wait to see you next month.

SHAKS Watts said...

I love the images of both of their skinny legs streched to peer out the window. I am sure they both think of themselves as siblings.