Austin had his nine month appointment Monday morning. The doctor said he's as healthy as a clam, though we need to really encourage him to keep eating more solid foods because he's a bit of a lightweight. She said it's probably because he's been burning so many calories by crawling around (nonstop), so she's too not concerned.
Austin's 9 Month Stats:
Weight: 18 lbs 10 ounces (25th percentile)
Height: 28.25 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 45.6 centimeters (75th percentile)
Then Monday afternoon Austin and I caught the train to Portland. Toren is working in Southwest Washington this week so we thought it would be perfect to squeeze a visit in for all of us since he'd already be so close.
I was a little nervous about the 3.5 hour train ride. I just knew it would be hard to contain Austin for that long. We left right around nap time and I desperately (and a little too optimistically perhaps) hoped that he's just sleep for most of the ride. Here's what happened, step by step...
He slept for only about 45 minutes, which meant that we repeated steps 4-8 about 100 times before we finally made it to Oregon. It actually went much better than I expected, though we did have to walk up and down the train 4 or 5 times. Luckily he very easily charmed the conductor and passengers -- as usual.


4 comments:
Brave woman! At least you didn't have to drive the train and could walk him around the train, unlike a car where you are STUCK! How fun to do little things together. You do a great job relishing the "only one child" time. Hope the trip home was enjoyable too.
I can't wait for you guys to get here. He is so adorable! I love him way too much. I love picture number 10. He looks so content sitting in the big chair.
I agree with Maren, picture ten is adorable! It looks like he has done nothing dangerous/adventerous/annoying all day! I love my little birthday boy!
Little boys are all about trains. Of course he didn't sleep. What an exciting adventure.
Mema
Post a Comment