Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where'd My Baby Go??

First of all, we recovered from yesterday. If you were a fly on our wall today you'd see a clean, empty kitchen sink, a beautifully made bed, a spotless living room, not one ounce of dirty laundry...and a happy, rested baby. Though, I still would advise you to avoid the bathrooms (we'll get to those some other day).

Austin is two months old today! Some days (like yesterday) it feels like we've had him FOREVER! And other days it feels like we just barely brought him home. I love this little guy, and I could never imagine life without him. I had a dream the other night that I put Austin down in his crib for the night. A couple hours later I went to check on him and in the crib, instead of my little baby, there was a huge toddler with a full head of blonde hair sound asleep! I screamed (in my dream) until I realized it was still Austin. I grabbed him and held him. Toren came running in and I started crying. And then I woke up.

I feel like Austin is growing SO fast (hence the dream). And looking at these pictures you can see that he really is! It doesn't even look like these are pictures of the same baby! I just hope that I can try to appreciate and love Austin every day (even on days like yesterday) and take a lot of pictures. Because, before I know it, I WILL have a huge toddler with a full head of blonde hair running around.

P.S. Austin's two month check up is tomorrow. Look forward to his stats.

5 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Just wait until he is a toddler. That's still a long time away. He's so cute and I miss him (and you guys too).

Season said...

I saw your link on Facebook, and had to follow it because I LOVE stalking fun blogs. Cute baby!

Matt and Kristine said...

He has totally changed, he looks more like Toren now I think. He is still so cute and getting chubbier by the day, good job Mama! I cannot believe how fast the time goes. Three months is one of my favorite baby stages! I love it and all the new things they start to do. Look forward to that.

Heidi's Heartland said...

I miss him - :(

Amanda said...

Holy cow he has grown a lot!