Monday, July 26, 2010

One Big Sweaty Ball of Mess

I've decided to make better use of my blog. I know what you're thinking: "Yeah right. We've heard that before." I know you have. I know you've completely lost faith in my blogging abilities. I totally understand. If I were you I would've lost faith in me to. Nonetheless, I've been inspired by my mom and sister, both of whom are great (and creative) bloggers. Now, I'm not going to set any specific expectations for myself (i.e. certain number of blogs a month, blog every day, etc), but I've am going use my blog to highlight more than just what we've been doing in our lives. I hope to include more of my thoughts, observations, frustrations...you know...the deep stuff.

------------

And so, today begins my first deeper blog post: One Big Sweaty Ball of Mess.

If you were a fly on our bedroom wall right now here's what you'd see: a depressed puppy laying on top of an unmade bed, a pile of clean church clothes on top of a laundry basket full of dirty clothes, eight dirty burp clothes laying on the floor, four dirty glasses on a cluttered dresser, and one fussy baby who's been WIDE AWAKE (yet incredibly tired) since 3 am. It's now almost noon. That's 9 hours.

If you, as the fly, traveled throughout the rest of the house you'd see small pile of dirty dishes on the counter (to be fair to myself, the kitchen doesn't actually look too bad), three loads of clean laundry on the couch, several dirty dishes on the end table, and several pairs of shoes, two pillows, and one very large blanket strewn on the living room floor.

And you, as the fly, would just know to steer clear of the bathrooms. You wouldn't even be brave enough to take a glimpse.

I haven't showered yet. My teeth aren't brushed. I've been stumbling around half blind because I can't find my glasses and have been too lazy to put my contacts in. I'm covered in baby spit up (as is Austin) and baby sweat (as is Austin). And all I've eaten is a granola bar.

What can I say? Today Austin and I are just one big sweaty ball of mess.

It happens sometimes. Deep, huh?

This picture is not from today. Today would look similar....only MUCH, MUCH worse. I'm far too embarrassed and disgusting to ever want to re-visualize what we look like today.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Welcome to the life of a mother. I wish I had some words of encouragement, but I feel like I am going to have a melt down today too. Good luck. Wish we lived closer so we could let the boys cry while we watched some good chick flick.

Matt and Kristine said...

I love the deep stuff, way to start out with a doosey! I am so sorry that he has been awake for so long. That makes everything else seem ten times worse. My two saving graces: car rides with classical music and a baby swing turned up high. Seems simple, but sometimes you just need physical space between you and the barfer, but of course they like to keep moving/swinging. It could be worse, the RS pres could be stopping by unannounced to visit you and the baby. grrrr Hate those visits. Keep up the good work, and remember that you are not a bad person if you hate him once in a while. Ha Human nature.
PS: I seem to remember several water cups stacked up by your bed in Colonial... LOL

Heidi's Heartland said...

Audrey - some days you have to just laugh and smile and put on a new shirt! I love Austin and he can barf on me anyday - well as long as I have a clean shirt! LOL