Monday, March 30, 2009

Wicked!


For Christmas, Toren's parents surprised us with tickets to the musical Wicked. I was SO excited. I had seen it once with my mom in Seattle, and I couldn't wait to see it again! Last Saturday was the big day. Unfortunately, Toren wasn't feeling very well at all. He'd been battling the flu all week. I forced him to go anyway (it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, after all). Needless to say, it was worth it. The music was great, the actors were amazing, and the set was incredible!

Most of you probably know that Wicked is the untold story of the Wizard of Oz. We learn who the wicked witches of the East and West really are. We learn about how the monkeys were made to fly. We learn the origin of the sparkly red shoes, the tin man, the lion and the scarecrow. It's a really clever story and it fits in perfectly with the Wizard of Oz. I'd recommend it to anyone.

After the play we enjoyed a lunch at a Parisian restaurant. It was an experience and the food was pretty good, though probably not worth going to again.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I wish I could have flown in early to see it with you guys. My dad is still talking about it.

Brent and Mallory said...

I am so jealous! I want to go to a good musical this summer! It seems like everything I go see is amazing and If I could manage wicked it would be amazing!

Juli and Brett said...

I LOVE Wicked!!! It is such an amazing musical. I wish I could see it again....I saw it in Seattle a couple of years ago. I am glad that someone gets to see it a second time