When things started looking sour for Washington Mutual, my dad saw it as an opportunity for a possible career change. So he started looking for interesting opportunities...and landed one in Hong Kong! He's now doing market research for Coca Cola -- focusing on the SE Asian district. He's been there for a couple weeks now and so far he's loving the change.
My mom and John will join my dad, but not until August. They're slightly nervous to be living in a completely new country and to be so far away from home, but they're also completely excited about the adventures and experiences they'll have.In December, Coca Cola flew the three of them out to get a feel for what living in Hong Kong would be like. The pictures below are from that trip.
Hong Kong is like the Manhattan of Asia.

They even call this Times Square.
+IMG_3538.jpg)
The building where my dad now works.
A pretty view of downtown (complete with smog).

The south side of the island is much more rural.

Toren and I have already started saving for a Hong Kong vacation!! That's the part we're most exited about!

4 comments:
Honestly, I think I am just as excited for your family. Hong Kong is so wonderful. Some of the views look wonderful. There is this amazing place that your mom needs to be taken for a foot massage.
The people are so nice there, as well as the church. The temple is gorgeous. You and Toren definitely have to go, it's worth all the money.
Eric and I would love an opportunity to work abroad. What an adventure! Let your Dad know I'd be willing to come out and start up a preschool for Coca Cola. I'm sure that is a priority.
We'll watch Baxter while you visit.
Mom
My mom just told me your family was moving there. Wow! Hong Kong of all places. So far away but at least it will be cool to visit.
Brent and I will start saving to! Tell your mom that brent and I will be out ASAP to visit! Just kidding, but that is so exciting! I am glad you guys are saving up to head out, and if you need some buddies to tag along we will be right there by your side!
Post a Comment