Austin was 18 months the last time I logged his statistics. He's changed SO MUCH since then, and there there is no way I can wait until 24 months to do it again. So, here's some unofficial statistics taken by me!
Austin's 21 Month Stats:
Height: 34.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 28 pounds (50th percentile)
Austin's vocabulary has exploded (thank goodness). It seems like he picks up at least one new word a day. He's starting to string a couple words together now to make short sorta-sentences. Admittedly, the average person probably wouldn't have a clue what Austin is saying most of the time, but being home with him all day I know that "nangy" means "candle" and "weeesh" means "fish" (as in goldfish crackers). I love to hear his little voice confidently sound out words, and we've both been a little happier now that he can communicate better.
He's grown out of almost all of his baby-ness. I can't believe he will be 2 years old in less than three months. This second year sure has flown by.
At 21 months, Austin...
...loves to tease and joke.
...tells us when he is "poo poo."
...is absolutely obsessed with airplanes and recently trains.
...would watch Sesame Street all day long if we let him (we don't, of course).
...has become fascinated with babies... especially putting them (or stuffed animals, small toys, Toren's shoes) down for a nap.
...loves going to nursery (finally!).
...gets particularly ornery/naughty when he's tired, hungry, or bored.
...doesn't really like graham crackers (weird).
...doesn't really like graham crackers (weird).
...loves to roughhouse (wrestle, run, jump, tackle).
...is becoming a little daredevil.
...loves to take showers....by himself.
...counts by saying "two, three, jump!" or "two, three, go!"
...counts by saying "two, three, jump!" or "two, three, go!"
...loves sweets of any kind.
...gives hugs and smoochies willingly.
...answers to almost everything by saying "yep" or "uh huh."
...asks about his Grandma, Grandpa, Nana and Papa everyday.
...is incredibly persistent and stubborn (I pray that I can help Austin channel these qualities for good).
...picks his nose and, when he finds a little somethin, says "eeew boogie" or sometimes "yum" before putting it in his mouth (I DID NOT teach him this!).
...wants to use hand sanitizer, deodorant, cologne, chap stick, blush...whatever he sees us using.
...plays with his dinosaurs, animals and cars more than any of his other toys.
...never slows down during the day.
Unfortunately we've hardly taken any photos lately, but I managed to scrounge up a few from the last month.


1 comments:
Next week can't come fast enough for a variety of reasons. We can't wait to see you guys, especially that little monkey.
Post a Comment