Monday, October 18, 2010

Enter: Rice Cereal

At Austin's four-month appointment his doctor said we could start him on rice cereal if we wanted.  I didn't want to.  Mostly I don't want to accept the fact that my little baby is growing up.  So I planned to wait as long as possible (six months, according to the doctor) to feed him anything other than milk.  Austin obviously had different plans.  He's been really interested in food for weeks now.  He enviously eyes our food when we eat and he's been acting like he just needs more of something.  I still managed to hold off.  But now he's not sleeping very well at night (again).  He's waking up more often than "normal"...and he's ravenous.  So I had to finally admit that maybe it is time to give my starving baby a little bit of rice cereal.  Today was day one.

Look at him in the first picuture -- so proud and optimistic.


He doesn't seem to totally hate it in the video.  But the more bites he took the more disgusting it got.

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I love his first look. It's kind of like, wow, you are putting something in my mouth. Give him a little time and he will adore it. Or, make it with a little apple juice and he will really love it.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean it is time to give him his first root beer float?

Grammy and Grandpa

Amanda said...

Ok Audrey I lol'd. He did not look too happy at first. He's seriously cute.

Brent and Mallory said...

Ha ha! I love this little dude! I like that he almost swallowed that bite! Just like daddy, food will be a dear dear friend!