Friday, June 4, 2010

At the Hospital

We had a wonderful experience at the hospital. I'll post the labor and delivery story the next time I get a surge of energy, but just being at the hospital was great. For example, I don't think I changed one diaper the entire time. Toren changed a few, but the nurses did most of the work. I loved ordering all my meals via room service and being able to ask anyone for almost anything and have them just eager to help me in any way. I loved that they let little Austin stay with us the whole time. And, of course, I loved all the compliments they gave me and Austin. By the end of our stay I felt like a rock star staying at a 5 star resort (I also felt like my body had been run over by a steamroller, but that's to be expected I suppose).

Me holding Austin in our recovery room.
Toren lounging in my hospital bed with Austin. I was in the shower at the time and the nurse walked in to see him just kicking back on my bed while watching sports..she was a little concerned at first.
Austin felt so peaceful at the hospital he even fell asleep while being burped.

We were lucky to have lots of visitors during our hospital stay. I assumed they were there to see how I was feeling, but it was apparent that all they cared about was holding little Austin (and who could blame them?)

Austin with Grandma Forsberg.
Austin and Aunt Mallory.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I love him. The picture of him falling asleep burping is so cute. I want to hold him.

Brent and Mallory said...

Audrey, we all know you are such a champ! One look and we didn't even have to ask! This little guy was screaming to be held by his cute little face and tiny hands! We have to help the neediest right?

Love you!

Matt and Kristine said...

I am so glad you had a good hospital expereince, not all stays are that good. What a blessing. SOOOOO nice to be surrounded by family and rejoice in your hard work for the last year basically! You did a great job and you look so happy. He is so small and sweet, you just want to snuggle him. He has great skin and glowing angel hair, I love it.