That's right...I said it.
I usually have a lot of patience for Baxter's mischief, but yesterday he crossed the line.
Let me preface this: I got braces in 4th grade and endured 4 years of intense dental work (including head gear, rubber bands, lip bumper, expander...) before I got them off in 8th grade. Luckily, all the work paid off and I love my straight teeth.

To keep them straight, I've been a diligent retainer wearer. In fact, I can't sleep at night if I don't have them in. So I've had over 10 years of faithful retainer wearing nights...until now.
Why? You guessed it -- the little devil ate my retainer.
The real kicker is that he was so proud of it. I came home from work and he came running up to me with my mangled retainer in his mouth as if to say, "LOOK!! Look what I did all day!! Aren't you proud!?!?"
No, I was not proud.

5 comments:
I'm afraid I need to take some of the blame for Baxter's misdeed. I never told you but Baxter ate the upper tray that Doug made me for teeth whitening. When I was young my dog (Tiger) age my retainer and my Mom said it was my fault for leaving it laying around. I should have put the tray in the drawer. It's awful to admit that you have been out thought by a dog--not once, but twice!
Cheryl
Oh no! I'm sorry! That is such a sad story, I have to admit though, I did laugh a little. :)
I hate that! My wisdom teeth are ruining my teeth, and my cat is currently tearing up my furniture! UGH, on both accounts!
I rmember how much you wore your retainer. That is so frustrating! Call your ortho back home, sometimes they still have the mold and can remake one for you. But, 8th grade... you may have to get new impressions and have a new retainer fitted. That darn dog!
I can't say that Braden has ever eaten anything of mine (minus my food), but he does like to taste everything. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing, but there are times you will want to strangle your kids too. Baxter is good practice.
I have a book with all Braden's relatives in it and Baxter is by far his favorite picture to look at. Don't tell my in-laws, it would crush them.
Post a Comment