Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dryer Dilemma

The other day while I was drying our comforter the dryer suddenly stopped about 10 minutes into the cycle.  I tried all I could think of to get it going again, without success.  I gave up.  Luckily, it was sunny enough outside that I could air dry the comforter, but I still needed the dryer fixed.  

I left a message with our apartment managers and they were able to get the appliance guy out yesterday.  He diagnosed the problem quickly: A BIRD!!  Apparently a bird had flown down our dryer vent and was blocking air from getting in and out of the dryer!  He removed the "blockage" and the dryer worked perfectly again!  

It's great to have my dryer back -- two days without a dryer feels like an eternity.

Sadly, I don't think the bird survived the ordeal.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Cousin Dana had the same thing happen to her. Spring is officially here. Any news on the other apartment?

Brent and Mallory said...

That is so funny. Our dryer hose was broken and so our house became a sauna whenever we did laundry! luckily we fixed it and now it works like a dream! yes any news on the other apartment?

Matt and Kristine said...

So much for going green!