Terrorists attacked America seven years ago today. Many lives were lost and many more were changed forever. I'm sure we all remember where we were heard the news. Here's my story:
It was my senior year of high school, and I was driving from seminary to school. I briefly heard something on the radio about a hijacked airplane, but there didn't seem to be much more information than that. When I was walking to my locker shortly after, I saw a group of people gathered around the TV in my English teacher's room. Curious, I joined them.
A hijacked commercial airplane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center buildings. I was in shock. And just a few minutes later I watched the second tower collapse.
Luckily, several hours later my dad was able to get through to my mom. He was just fine. He said the city was pretty chaotic, but there was also an incredible sense of humility and love running through the streets. People were handing out food and hugging strangers. He spent the day waiting in line with many others to donate blood.
Even on the other side of the country, it was amazing to see how people bonded together. People poured out their patriotism and their love of God.
I hope we can always remember the freedoms we hold by living in America and the blessings we receive because of our humility. May it not take another tragedy to refocus our priorities.




1 comments:
It to was my senior year and I was on the way to school also. I remember hearing something on the radio and thinking they were discussing a movie. I made it in the classroom to see the 2nd plane hit as well.
How scary it must have been to know your dad was there and not hear from him. It is a day I will always remember.
Post a Comment