Toren turned 27 yesterday!! I should have posted something special about him, but I forgot (to post, not his birthday). Luckily, his sister decided to give him a shout out. Her post is really cute and thoughtful. Check it out if you want.
We didn't do anything to special or romantic to celebrate. He requested to have his mom make her amazing BBQ chicken for dinner and a layered chocolate cake for dessert (both were incredible). After feasting, we watched America's Got Talent...followed by Dog the Bounty Hunter. And that was about it!
I did surprise him with a gift he's been DYING to have: a shock collar for Baxter. Now, I'm sure many of you will think it's cruel. I'll admit, I kinda feel the same, but we talked to a neighbor of ours in Utah that trained his dogs with shock collars. The result was quite amazing. His dogs would stop on a dime when he gave the command. They listened to him 100% of the time. They were some of the best behaved dogs I've ever seen. Toren really wants Baxter to be a really, really good dog. He's not too misbehaved right now (he is only 6 months, after all), but Toren wants to train him properly. The shock doesn't actually hurt the dogs, it just gets their attention and they learn quickly that it's a result of doing something wrong. Bax has been really receptive to it so far. I'm still not big on the idea, but I'm willing to give it a try. I told Toren, though, that if I changed my mind at any point we would return in and get him a consolation birthday present.
Interestingly enough, yesterday was also my Mom's birthday. To celebrate, she helped drive my sister and brother to Rexburg for school. Since I couldn't help her celebrate, I want everyone to know how much I love my mom. We are the greatest of friends. She is an example to me in many, many ways. And she provided me with the foundation I needed to have such a wonderful life. Thanks Mom! I love you!



0 comments:
Post a Comment