Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little More Bax

We've had Bax for almost 2 weeks now, and we're absolutely loving him! I'll be honest, there have been a few days when I thought about hiring a professional trainer to turn him into a "good dog" and then give him back to me once he was.

Nonetheless, yesterday was an accident-free day and today has been so far as well, so I know he's making progress. Perhaps the only reason he's done so well is that I've been taking him outside nearly every half hour....I don't give him much time to have accidents.

Bax is a pretty funny puppy. He tries to eat EVERYTHING: grass, rocks, sticks, cigarettes, the sidewalk, paper. But headphones are his favorite; he's already destroyed 3 sets.

He's also incredible friendly. If a stranger passes by when we're outside and he doesn't get a chance to go introduce himself he gets upset.

He sleeps with us every night and he doesn't seem to mind taking up as much room as he wants. Toren's actually slept on the couch a couple nights this week because Bax was sprawling all over his side of the bed.

Well, it's been a half an hour....time for a potty break!

4 comments:

Marcistar said...

He is so cute!!! So cute!! I hope I get to meet him soon!

Blake and Laura said...

Sounds like Makayla, although she doesn't eat cigarettes, but pretty much everything else is in her mouth. There was also about a week where she wouldn't sleep anywhere but our bed. Blake or I would have to sleep on the couch because instead of laying the way you are supposed to in bed she would lie the other way all sprawled out. Anyway... it sounds like you're having fun!

Victoria Elder said...

HOW CUTE IS HE?? I miss when Minnie was little and she could sleep in the palm of my hand! the 1/2 rule is the best way to train a puppy. Hope your havin a good time out there

Candace said...

Oh I am jealous! He is sooo precious! I hope everything is going great in Ohio so far..its so far away from home! But it's an adventure going to a new place. Have fun with your new puppy!