
It has always been a lifelong dream of mine to review movies. I started watching the show "Siskel and Ebert" at a very young age and was always a bit jealous that someone could be paid to watch movies and discuss them on TV. So Audrey has convinced me to spend this summer writing a review on the blog for each movie that we see. Today, I start with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Audrey and I went to a special viewing of the new Indiana Jones movie yesterday morning. I say that it was a "special" viewing because some big corporation rented out the entire theater for its employees. When we arrived a lady pulled us aside because she thought that we were part of the corporate group. When she found out that we weren't she chuckled and said while winking that she was giving us special permission to attend the private screening. We headed to the check in table and had name badges made and before we knew it were sitting down in the theater free of charge with free soda and popcorn in hand. Audrey was particularly thrilled by this.
Shortly after taking our seats the movie started and immediately I was captivated. It was like I was catching up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Highlights of the film include atomic bomb detinations, jeep chase scenes through the Amazon, death defying plunges down not just one...but three different waterfalls, cities made entirely of gold, and of course the mystery surrounding a crystal alien skull found in the ancient burial site of a Spanish conquistador. Like with the other Indiana Jones movies, Steven Spielberg realizes that the journey is more important than the destination. Each sensational action sequence is followed by an even more sensational action sequence. Unlike most other films of the same genre the action does not become boring simply due to the anticipation of discovering the next clue in figuring out the meaning of the Crystal Skull. I felt that the action was balanced fairly with story and dialauge as to leave me completely entranced by what was enfolding on the screen.
My one complaint with the film is the same as my complaints with previous Indiana Jones movies, the last twenty minutes is always the most disappointing. I did not feel like the payoff/explanation of the Crystal Skull was satisfying but i'll let each of you judge for yourselves.
All in all Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was better than I thought it would be. Any film that puts a permasmile on your face while watching it is worth the price of admission in my book. And Indiana Jones did just that. And just so you know, you can call me Indiana Forsberg from here on out.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Indiana Forsberg Reviews Indiana Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This is a great review. I look forward to many more. Blake and I are both thrilled to see this movie. In fact, we already had an Indiana Jones marathon. What other movies do we have the privledge of hearing about this summer?
That gets me so excited! Definitly keep the reviews coming!
We did that premier thing for my dad's employees and their families to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the his company. It was awesome to get the free crap, and I think I might have enjoyed the movie even more knowing I didn't pay a dime for it. Way to sidle up on that one you guys! I agree with you completely! Great movie, but the ending is was a bit anticlimatic after that intense journey. Nice review Indie! I think you missed your calling.
Well When Jake reads this he is going to make me go see this! Good one toren, I could totally picture you saying your review with a marco polo speedo on & goggles on your head, anywho...you guys should see IRONMAN! i hate action movies but LOVED THIS! Jake was amazed, I bet you could write a great review on it!
Finally something written by Toren - and it doesn't included anything about Baxter! Loved the review - keep it up Toren, I like your style.
Love Mum Gailey
Post a Comment