Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Coaster Capital

Toren's office took yesterday off (they worked Memorial Day), so we all went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. With 16 roller coasters and loads of other thrill rides, our day was guaranteed to be a blast.

We made the coasters our priority, and with ease we mastered the Raptor, the Mantis, the Millennium Force, the Mean Streak, the Iron Dragon, the Corkscrew, the Magnum LX-200, and....the Top Thrill Dragster, the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the universe.

I'll be honest, I thought I was going to die.

We climbed into the coaster train that resembled a top fuel dragster. The dragster then moved slowly up to the "starting line." The engine started and our dragster was rocketed forward, reaching 120 mph in 4 seconds!

The train zoomed straight up a 420-foot-tall hill at a 90 degree angle, curved over the coaster's apex and then free fell back to Earth. As the train raced to the ground, the track twisted an unbelievable 270 degrees!

Luckily, we survived the 17-second ride, climbed off our dragster and hoped our stomachs would drop out of our throats. It was incredible, to say the least.




4 comments:

Hillary said...

Hey Tommy! Did you get a chance to see if the brake pad factory is still in operation, or did Zalinsky finally buy it out? Coasters are great and all, but Sandusky is Tommy Boy land. That should definitely be its eternal claim to fame.

Marcistar said...

How fun Audrey! I LOVE cedar point! We went one year when we were in chicago and had a blast! Sorry I didn't come out with christian this past time! It just wasn't planned very well! Next time for sure!

Maren and Blake said...

Man, we wish we could be there so bad. We LOVE roller coaster and are pretty sure Braden would love them too.

Leah and Joe said...

Cedar Point is Joes favorite place in the world! He is going to be so jealous. He promised he would take me some day, so I am glad to hear it is fun!