Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thailand: The Lopburi Monkey Ruins

Our sightseeing adventures took us next to Lopburi ruins.  They're about two hours north of where my parent's live.  It was a small ruin -- really just one structure.  It was a cool set of ruins -- but as you might notice in the pictures below -- there was something else quite unique about them.


Monkeys!  I bet there were over a hundred monkeys hanging out on and around the ruins.  I guess years ago the monkeys live around the ruins, and the people who came in and started building and changing the city just left the monkeys alone.  The monkeys got used to people and now they just run all around as they please

And these monkeys were greedy little thieves! We bought some vegetables before we went to the ruin and the monkeys swarmed us when caught a glimpse of the food.  They didn't hesitate to jump right on us.  One of them kept trying to steal Toren's watch, and one of them did steal Laura's earring right out of here ear!  They were pretty aggressive.  Austin was absolutely fascinated with the monkeys.  And they seemed just as curious of him.  I loved all the little baby monkeys.  They were just so tiny...and anything tiny is cute.


1 comments:

Brent and Mallory said...

wow that looks like monkey heaven! I wonder what that monkey did with Laura's ear ring! Thank you for updating your blog so we can see all of these awesome tourist place to hit!