Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Busy Boy

Austin is a very busy little guy.  I have a hard time keeping him occupied when we're at home (or, keep him occupied and manage to get something productive done).  It feels most of our time at home is spent running around in circles -- him destroying the house and me putting it back together.

He won't spend longer than 5 minutes on any one thing!  And it would be an absolute miracle if I saw him playing on his own with his toys.  Usually he's dragging his toys around and following me as I do chores.  Or, he's dragging the toilet plunger around, or trying to suck on the toothpaste he can now reach out of the bathroom drawer, or pulling all the clothes out of our dressers, or climbing in the kitchen cupboards, or sticking pennies, paperclips, batteries, rocks in his mouth (I never know where he finds these treasures since I do keep the house clean).  He drive me absolutely insane some days, but I love him to pieces.

I mean, really, how could I not?

2 comments:

Maren said...

That's how I feel about Brody. I remember hating taking Braden places because he would make one mess after another. That starts to diminish a little around 2 years. I love how he got into the fridge. I am sure it drove you nuts, but it's so cute.

ericandcheryl said...

Five minutes on one activity!?! WOW! He has an amazing attention span. Really--the average is three minutes. Louise Ames Bates describes this age as "herding bees." Wish I was there to enjoy all the buzzing about. I'd spend the whole day smiling.

Cheryl

PS I notice that Austin and Baxter are becoming fast friends or partners in crime.