I took Austin if for his 15 month doctors visit a couple weeks ago. As expected, he is totally on track. He's not saying very many words, but the doctor wasn't concerned at all. She said he is further along in other skills than some at this age so she thinks his little brain has been focusing on other things and once he's mastered those things he will start focusing more on talking. He does say Mama and Dada (sometimes), Ba (for Baxter), ruru (barking like a dog), caca (when something is icky). Mostly, though, he just talks in his own language and points a lot.
Austin's 12 month stats:
Weight: 24 pounds (25-50 percentile)
Height: 31.25 inches (50 percentile)
Head: 47.5 centimeters (75 percentile)
Austin is a total toddler now and we just love him more and more each day. At 15 months Austin...
...is running.
...loves BBQ food.
...is starting to throw little tantrums (falling dramatically to the ground screaming).
...willingly gives smoochies to almost anyone who wants one.
...got his first fat lip (by diving into the tub while I was taking a shower).
...has 8 teeth (including 2 molars and 2 more molars on the way).
...sleeps at least 12 hours at night and one 2-3 hour nap during the day.
...got his first head wound (by falling on the sidewalk...it really wasn't that bad at all though).
...loves to be chased.
...climbs on the couch and anything else he can.
...loves animals of all kinds (this summer he almost ate a worm, was bit by a rat and nearly hugged a cat to death...and that doesn't include the smothering he does to Baxter).
...loves buttered toast.
...legitimately threw up for the first time(s) because he was sick.
...is Mom's little magnet
...loves to put and carry things around his neck (necklaces, computer cords, cell phone chargers).
...can feed himself with a spoon and fork, messily.
...loves to dance.
...is starting to actually enjoy reading books (well, maybe one book at a time).
...applied for his first passport.
Monday, September 12, 2011
15 Month Check-Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love the passport one, that is hilarious! I cannot believe his size, whoo. Big boy. So glad he is healthy and happy.
Wow applying for a passport at 15 months? you are setting a hard precedent for your future kiddo's! Are they all going to be world travelers! I also think that he will be a vet. Any kid willing to take on Itty Bitty has to have just enough wildness to confront all types of animals.
Man do I love this kid - miss him so much and I think I am happiest about the passort - that means that he is coming to give me some much needed smooches..
Love Nana
Post a Comment