Thursday, June 2, 2011

Year ONE Stats

Yesterday I took Austin to the doctor's for his twelve month checkup.  He's completely healthy and on track with developmental milestones.  I must say that I absolutely love our pediatrician.  She makes me feel confident as a parent and that Austin is the most perfect (or normal, at least) baby in the world.

Austin's 12 month stats:
Weight: 21 pounds 8 ounces (25 percentile)
Height: 30 inches (75 percentile)
Head: 46.8 centimeters (50-75 percentile)

At ONE year Austin...

...is walking (usually like a cute drunken sailor or Frankenstein, but he can walk halfway across the living room before crashing).
...is completely weaned from breast- and bottle-feeding.
...loves dropping things and throwing things (especially off high places like the stairs).
...still sleeps 12 to 13 hours at night.
...is transitioning into taking only one long nap a day (mostly by  my choice...I'm ready to have more flexible mornings).
...loves being outside.
...can open the back door (I've found him outside on the deck a few times).
...attempts to climb on things (mostly the couch).
...makes himself laugh on purpose.
...says "mmmmm" when he's eating something particularly tasty.
...has 4 teeth and (at least) 2 more on the way.
...is still a really good eater (though he's starting to refuse colorful foods before even tasting them, like kiwi, mango, watermelon)
...loves to wave "hi" and "goodbye" at everyone.
...jibber jabbers all day long.
...thinks he's really funny when he turns the TV on and off.
...is especially clingy first thing in the morning.
...can't resist dancing when he hears music
...is starting to bite (and he thinks it's funny when I tell him "no!").
...calls Baxter by slapping his hand on his thigh.

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Smart boy being able to open the back door. I am counting down the weeks before I get to see him.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH-Austin is seriously the cutest little guy ever!! David and I are seriously missing him and both of you guys!!!!! (and baxter)