Monday, June 6, 2011

Party, Party, Party

We celebrated Austin's birthday with my family Sunday night.  Austin's first birthday surprise was that his Nana and Uncle John arrived!!  My mom hadn't seen Austin since he was 2 months old, so it was quite a reunion.  She hasn't quite put him down since.   They're going to be in town for the next 8 weeks (well, between here, Utah and Rexburg) and it's going to be WONDERFUL!  I already had one of the best days at church since Austin's birth because I didn't have to take him out to the hall once!  We are so happy they're here.  Austin seems equally as smitten and I have a feeling it's only going to get better.

So, we had a frog theme for Austin's party.  I know he's the "little monkey," but monkey cupcakes were too hard to make. Though, even the frog ones didn't turn out quite like they did in my head.  Oh well, they were delicious.


Through the course of the night Austin enjoyed a very large BBQ dinner, a (whole) cupcake, opening presents, and playing outside wit his cousins. Austin LOVED being outside with all the big kids.  I'm sure he can't wait until he can really run and play with them.


Yummy!

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I bet your mom is eating him up. What a fun party. 3 weeks to go.

Anonymous said...

What a difference between his birthday cake and his birthday cupcake. He has mastered getting the cake into his mouth and not on the floor. Great for Austin. Bad for Baxter.

Mema