Thursday, May 26, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Like I mentioned, we've been rather busy lately.  I'll try to bring you up to speed now before life gets real crazy (Austin's birthday, my Mom and John's arrival, my BFF's wedding, and all sorts of summer fun).

My Dad came to visit all the way from Thailand!!  He was on his way to Atlanta for some business meetings, but he was able to spend a few days with us.  We spent most of our time clearing out and organizing my parents' things that we moved out of storage.  It was a lot of work, but it gave us lots of time to talk.  Austin, as usual, was quite the charmer.  My Dad couldn't stop laughing at Austin's silliness.  Sadly, I really didn't take any pictures and I am totally regretting it.  And this is the only one I have of my Dad and Austin (sorry Dad!).



After my Dad left, Austin and I took the train down to Portland again.  Toren and my sisters-in-law (Maren and Mallory) were already there with my cute nephews.  We had tons of fun.  Once we got home, though, Austin spent a few days recovering from all the excitement and naps he refused to take.



During Toren's trip to New Zealand, Austin and I ventured over to Spokane to visit my BFF.  She's getting married next month, so it was great to just hang out and reminisce about the goold ol' days.  Sadly, we didn't really take any pictures.  I guess we were just too busy laughing about how stupid we were in college.  Austin loved being in a new place and still having a dog to pester (poor Rusty).  I will proudly mention that I made Amanda a t-shirt quilt all by myself.  See?  We have been busy.




We spent the rest of the time just bummin' around the house, running errands, going to the gym, and playing out in the sun. Austin's figured out how to turn on and off the TV, which he thinks is pretty hillarious (we, however, do not).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What happened to my baby?!? He looks so grownup.

Mema

Maren and Blake said...

I want to eat him. Honestly, I do. He is so cute. I can't wait to see you guys in 5 weeks. You better tell him to get ready for some kisses and cousin love.

Brent and Mallory said...

Just adorable! He is such a happy little man. I will never forget how pleasant and fun he was after 8 pm, when he knew he was on borrowed time!