Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Austin!

Today is the day, and I actually survived without any tears!  We were so busy all day long that I just didn't have time to really think about the fact that I've had my little baby for ONE whole year.  I'm sure the waterworks will begin late tonight when I lay down to sleep or later when I start creating a scrapbook page.  But, for now, it's been a great -- and fun -- day for both Autsin and me.

We started the morning out by picking my sister, Laura, up from the airport.  She's visiting from Rexburg through the weekend.  Austin already loves her, and Laura can't keep her hands off him.  It's been so nice having someone else entertaining/holding/snuggling/feeding him.

After a day of running errands and shopping (including a $0.81 pair of capris at Old Navy for me!), we settled down for a delicious BBQ dinner with my grandparent's.  And then, the main event...

Austin's birthday celebration!!

He first opened a couple gifts.  It was getting close to bedtime and we still had to do cake, so he just opened them and we set them aside for tomorrow.  He was sure thrilled with the opening though.


And then...cake!  True to his cautious nature, Austin didn't know quite what to do with the cake.  He kept looking at me like "now what?"  He braved up enough to sample a little frosting.  Another bite later and he was hooked.  He still ate the cake rather daintily (Toren's going to kill me for using such a word to describe our "future football star."), but eventually he dug right in. 

Note Baxter in the last picture desperately hoping for a cake of his own.  Don't worry, he got plenty that Austin threw on the ground.


3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Look at that little boy with his cake. I wish I could have been there. Now was he really upset because you took the cake away? I would be too.

Did my mom get him that playtower? We got one when Braden turned one and it has been a huge hit for both kids. In fact, Braden still loves to play with it. What is the other thing he got. It looks super cool.

Anonymous said...

Eating birthday cake in his birthday suit! Life doesn't get any better than that.

Mema

Brent and Mallory said...

My favorite picture is the third to last cake picture! He looks so content, like "this is how things should be!"