Monday, November 3, 2008

Toe Trouble

A few weeks ago my toe started really hurting ...throbbing. It was the morning after a long night of work, and I figured it was a result of walking on hardwood floor all night in heels. The pain didn't go a way , and a nasty bruise on my toenail appeared.

Then the other day I was clipping my toenails and I realized that there was actually some sort of blister underneath my toenail. I just left it alone.

But then Toren noticed it. For those of you who know Toren, you know that you can't keep anything that might need to be popped, picked, or squeezed out of his eager fingers. In about a nanosecond he had a needle and was prepped for surgery. He carefully punctured the side of the blister that was flush with the top of my toenail.

Then he squeezed....and I screamed...

But then the joy came -- in two ways: first, my toe already felt a little better, and second, blood and oozy goo had splattered all over Toren (sweet revenge!). For about the next 25 minutes he continued to squeeze my toe and the blister's guts continued spilling out. Little by little the "bruise" was lightening and the pain was going away. I finally made him stop because I couldn't focus on watching The Amazing Race, but I think he'll be able to finish the job tonight.

I know it's kind of a gross story, but it's the most exciting thing going on in our life!

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I am so glad your toy feels better. I hear these hurt so bad. It doesn't surprise me that Toren was there even before you said anything. I hope all goes well tonight.

Brent and Mallory said...

Yup that sounds like Toren! Glad it is feeling better, and hopefully it turned good for everyone!

Amanda said...

I wish I could have been there..I'm sure Jill would concur

Lagos Family said...

ouch! gross!! I know how you feel. Kind of. I had an ingrown toe nail in high school that had to be removed, but I still had to go to school. So while imping around some guys were messing around in the hall....and stepped on my foot, exactly on my toe, that didnt have a toe nail... OUCH!!! I feel your pain!