Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To Utah and Back

Well, we've been quite busy lately, and last weekend was no different. When we moved to Ohio last April we left most of our things in storage in Utah. Our apartment in Ohio was furnished by Icon, so we only took clothes and a few other small things with us.

We didn't need much either when we moved to Oregon because we were moving in with Toren's parents. Unfortunately, we can't live with them forever, but we can't really move into a place of our own without all of our stuff.

So, I flew to Utah last Friday, rented a big truck, loaded up our stuff, and drove back to Oregon on Saturday. My best friend, Amanda, is actually living in Salt Lake right now, and she was thrilled when I asked her to make the road trip with me (Toren had to work).

I'll be honest, it was a long day...but it was also tons of fun. We only had one running-out-of-gas scare (we made it, though we ended up driving in the wrong direction about 30 miles), and when we had about 5 hours to go we rented a couple Redbox movies to pull us through to the end.

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

What a fun girls day. However that is a long trip. I hope Toren will make that up to you. Who helped you move all the stuff into the moving truck? I am sure some of that stuff was heavy.

Lindsey Boskovich said...

Road trips are always fun with a good friend. So have are you guys still living at the parents house or did you already buy a place? We are living at my parents house too!!! Gotta love living with the parents. ;) We are going to be living with them until we move for the summer. So are you guys doing summer sales again this coming summer?