We love having Toren's family so close....especially since my family is SOOO far away. The 2.5 hour drive down to Oregon is easy enough to allow us to visit for the weekend every few months. We were just there in April for Blairs homecoming, but when after we heard that Aunt Maren and the cousins were making the trek to Grandma and Grandpas we just couldn't miss out.
We got in Friday night, and the boys wasted no time in wreaking toddler havoc. It's fun to see the three boys interact together. They're sure a wild bunch. We gave grandpa his Father's Day gift so he could try to get some use out of it that weekend (the road is on the backside of the shirt, so when the boys drive their cars over it he gets a back massage). Cute idea, huh? I found here, through Pinterest.
Saturday morning we got up and headed to the zoo. Remember Austin's first trip to the zoo about 2 years ago? He's a little bit more interested in the animals now. And he even donated 50 cents to help save the rain forest! Austin went without a nap that day, which isn't something he normally does. By the time we were leaving the zoo he conked out.
On Sunday night we celebrated Austin's birthday. He had already found all of his presents earlier, but we made it official with a delicious cake and proper candles.
We planned to head out on Monday afternoon, but not before we took the boys to Chuck-E-Cheese's. This was Austin's first time, and he LOVED it. He was a little scared of some of the moving rides at first, but with the help of Uncle Blair and Grandma he got right over that. Toren and I even had a chance to play one of the basketball arcades. He beat me 2 of the 3 games we played, but I beat him once!! You bet I rubbed that in his face the rest of the day. Of course I only took one picture of our fun day:
As usual, I wish I would have taken more pictures throughout the weekend, but it is what it is...


1 comments:
no pictures usually means you had a really amazing time!
Post a Comment