Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Two Year Check-Up

I took Austin in for his 2 year update last week.  I was  a little worried that it wouldn't go over so well, considering he screamed through his entire 18-month check up.  I was pleasantly surprised.  He loved it.  He walked around the lobby like he owned the place.  It was a quick appointment and the doctor assured me that Austin is right on track for his age.


He's growing like a little weed.  It feels like every other week he's going through a grown spurt and eats like a bottomless pit.  He's spends all day long chatting, and is as busy as ever!  Every day I'm thankful that I get to be his Mom.


Austin's 2 Year Stats:
Weight: 30.4 pounds (87th percentile)
Height: 35.25 inches (82nd percentile)


At 2 years, Austin...


...asks all day long what I'm doing.  He just follows me around and every minute or so asks,  "Mama, what you doing?"  
...is starting to attempt to climb out of his crib.  He hasn't completely made it out  yet (instead we find him dangling from the railing, screaming), but it's time we transition him to a toddler bed..
...loves to dance and force Toren and I to dance too.
...is into watching Spider Man and Spongebob on Netflix.
...asks for a band-aid every time he even mildly hurts himself.  I just tell him he's not bleeding and doesn't need a band-aid.  So far he's been okay with that answer.
...loves Finding Nemo.
... absolutely loves going to nursery at church.
...can count to six (but he always skips 3 and 5)
...when asked how old he is, always replies with "nine!"

....wouldn't knowingly eat a vegetable to save his life.
...loves "The Wise Man and The Foolish Man," which he calls "The Rock Song."  We only sing the first verse, but he can do all the hand signals.
...points out all the buses, firetrucks, planes, motorcycles, semi trucks, helicopters, etc. when we're driving around town.
...loves to have us sing the "ACBC"'s with him.  "W" is his favorite letter to say.
...has a few favorite books - The Very Busy Spider, Goodnight Moon, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, Are You My Mother, Go Dog Go!, and Ten Drowsy Dragons.
...took his first trip to the dentist...and loved it (post to come).


David, Mandy, and my adorable little nephew, Kellan, are coming to stay with us for Laura's wedding (YAY!).  In preparation, we got out a few of our infant things for them to use during their stay.  Austin begged me to let him take the swing for a spin.  Can you believe the difference 2 years makes?!?!  


2 comments:

Matt and Kristine said...

Cute post! He really is changing! Congrats on a new nephew! That's exciting.

Blake and Maren said...

I miss him! Please consider coming for the fourth.