I honestly don't know how time goes by so fast. It seriously feels like Halloween was last weekend. We had a great Halloween. We went to our ward Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday. Austin wasn't too excited about his costume (interpret that as "screamed bloody murder when we finally forced it on him"), but he tolerated it once we got to the church and he realized that all the other kids were also wearing costumes. And, by the time he discovered how to get candy, he had completely forgotten about the costume after all. It was so cute to see him walk around and hold out his little pumpkin bucket. He didn't want any help, either.
He was a giraffe this year, thanks to our good friends who let us borrow the costume. He also stopped multiple times during the ONE small loop around the parking lot to try to eat some of the candy.
On the actual night of Halloween we stayed home and passed out candy, which Austin loved as well. I look forward to next year when Halloween will probably be even more exciting for him.
And I just couldn't help but remind myself how cute Austin was last Halloween.
I didn't take any pictures at the annual Spader Family Pumpkin Carving Contest, but I did light our pumpkins with pride on Halloween night. Can you tell whose is whose?



2 comments:
Oh man, he makes the cutest giraffe. Brody was the same way too. We'd get a piece of candy and then he'd want to stop and eat it until we got to the next piece of candy.
What does the Y stand for on the pumpkin? JK!
What a cute giraffe! My kids took a while to figure out trick-or-treating too. We only cut out one pumpkin, I was kinda sad. But where we live it lasted less than 5 days. Then it was a moldy mushy mess. I love your creativity! Great work.
Post a Comment