Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gettin' Back in the Mood

I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately, and  I don't really have a good reason.  I just haven't been in the mood.  We've actually had quite a few adventures lately, so to quickly catch you up:

1.  While on our Oregon vacation we went on the underground Portland tour and learned about secret tunnels, shanghaiing, and really good donuts.  It was three hours and Austin loved every second of it.
2.  We had spaghetti dinner with the missionaries.  Austin couldn't get enough of the meatballs.
3.  We went to Northwest Trek with Grandma and Grandpa Forsberg (who came to visit us for spring break).
4.  We ventured downtown to take a harbor cruise and walk through Pike's Place Market.
5.  Grandma Forsberg gave Austin a sucker -- it was probably the happiest moment of his life.
6.  We checked out the awesome Museum of Flight and walked through Air Force One.
7.  Austin spilled printer ink all over the carpet and felt really bad about it.
8.  To teach him about consequences, I made him help me clean it up.
9.  With Toren out of town on business, Austin has assumed the role of "supreme mischief maker."
10.  Austin got a (much needed) haircut.


Oh, and also, I recently took up couponing.  I've actually always been a coupon shopper, but just recently I decided to really go crazy and see if it would pay off.  It's been two weeks and this is all the stuff I've scored for FREE or less than a dollar:
I know we probably don't need all that candy, but, well, Easter is just around the corner...right?!  Anyway, pretty amazing, huh?  And this picture doesn't include 3 (FREE) gallons of milk.  It was a lot of work up front to figure everything out, but I'd say it's worth it.  The only downside is that sometimes I can't fall asleep at night because I have too much anticipation for the great deal I plan on getting in the morning.  But what's a little less sleep when you're getting toothpaste for FREE?!

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

The pictures are so cute. And there really is no kid that doesn't like a good sucker. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

P.S. I need tips with couponing. We have a Wal-mart close by so we can use that, other than that, there's nothing.

Jill Peacock said...

I want to know the secrets! How did you get such good deals and how do you get all the coupons?

Heidi's Heartland said...

Glad to see you are blogging again...

Matt and Kristine said...

Wow, I am impressed. That is a TON of stuff. Matt's bro's wife is a coupon shopper. They save tons of money every month. Glad to see Austin is keeping you busy, bummer about the ink cartridge though. oops.