Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clackamas County Fair

One of my favorite things about the end of summer is that it's finally FAIR season!! I absolutely LOVE fairs. So a couple weekends ago we headed to the Clackamas County fair with a few of our friends. It was so much fun!

We started our adventure with the most delicious elephant ear. I think I love fairs so much because I love fair food. And we sure ate our fill...and then some!
The fair had an entire exotic animals exhibits. This tiger was so HUGE. It's hard to really grasp it's magnificence in the photo.
The tortoises were pretty lazy...probably because there were a dozen kids yelling at them.
And of course we loved the pygmy goats! We only wished Baxter would have been there. He would loved to romp around with goats.
Toren HAD to play some of the fair games. Luckily he won 2 out of the 3 he played. This is his winning shot.
And his prize.
And his second winning game...
I've never been a fan of stuffed animals, but it's still exciting to win and see the envy of every other fair goer as you carry them around.
Baxter, on the other hand, LOVES stuffed animals.
He was terrified of the big yellow one, but he de-stuffed and shredded the little monkey in about 20 minutes.
The monkey's remains....

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I loved the Clackamas County Fair too. Are the members still selling the elephant ears? Too bad our fairs up here suck. Nothing like what I remember growing up with.

Matt and Kristine said...

The big yellow is huge! No wonder he was scared of it. Great photo skills by the way, action shots and all. So glad you are posting again! We missed you.

Eric and Cheryl said...

I bet if you attached elephant ears to the big yellow lion Baxter would have overcome his fear

Cheryl

Amanda said...

I like the tiger. Remember the jaguar we filmed in meso. so funny.