I know, I know. I've been a bad blogger lately. I actually have had a lot to blog about the last few weeks, but I just haven't had time to do it. Lucky for you, I have time now.
A couple weeks ago my sister, Laura, and brother, John, rode the train from Seattle down to visit us. It was great because it gave Toren and I an excuse to get out and do things that we've wanted to do for a while: OMSI and the Oregon Zoo.
OMSI is a hands-on science center (short for Oregon Museum of Science & Industry...I think). It was pretty fun, though we all agreed that it didn't even compare to the Seattle Science Center.
Laura and I put on a puppet show.

Prepping for work in the Chemistry lab.

Learning about static electricity.

Posing in front of the heat-sensored camera.

That Saturday we went to the Oregon Zoo. It was a PERFECT day to be walking around. Unfortunately, several of the exhibits were under construction and off-limits for us to see. We still had a great time, though. Our favorite parts was probably watching the orangutan groom himself. It was one of those disgusting things that you just can't help but stare at!


1 comments:
I love these 2 places. It is just fun to get out and do something. I really look forward to coming down in June. I hear there will be a badmitten (spelling?) tournament. I guess we should practice.
Post a Comment