Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day!

We had a blast on Memorial Day. The weather was fabulous and it was a rare occasion where neither Toren nor I had to get up early for work (though I did have to work that evening). We spent the whole day outside with the family.

By 10 am Baxter was already suffering from heat exhaustion. That's what happens when you run nonstop at 80 mph. He loves being outside though.

Toren probably threw the tennis ball about 100 times before Baxter showed even a hit of fatigue.

We had some fierce badminton duels, and (for the record) the girls dominated on the court. Badminton skill and endurance must be inherent for women.

Scoutmaster Toren even dazzled us with some fine dutch oven cooking.

Pineapple upside down cake!

Though we didn't do anything too glamorous (aside from the badminton, of course), it was fun to be outside and laughing with family. Plus, a delicious BBQ always makes for a pretty spectacular day.

1 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Once again, I think you and Mallory should avoid these fun posts. It makes us super jealous. Come the end of June we will see who dominates, I am pretty sure the girls will keep the winning record.

And, I made a church book for Braden with all his family members (including Bax & Frisbee). EVERYTIME he turns straight to Baxter and can't stop pointing.