Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quick Austin Update

I'm taking a quick break in my blog catch-up to give an update on Austin.  As a mom, I feel like I've finally reached a point where I don't spent all day counting down to nap time and bed time.  I swear 18-months to 24-months was probably the hardest for me...thus far.  Far worse than the newborn days.  Austin's become much more of a pal now that he can fully communicate and actually do fun things with us.

That being said, he has also reached a new level of naughtiness and disobedience lately too.  I struggle daily to appropriately and patiently discipline him with love and peace...while getting the results I want (i.e. for him to pick up the fishy crackers he dumped for the 5th time).  Hopefully someday I'll feel like the struggle was worth it!

A few days ago I was changing the laundry, and when I came out of the laundry room Austin had escaped upstairs.  As I walked up the stairs to retrieve him I was overwhelmed with the smell of baby powder.  I ran up and discovered this:

And then I found Austin who looked up at me as said, "Look, Mama, I making powder!"



Our days are more successful if I have a few activities to engage Austin in to keep him busy.  The downside is that often these activities will still only keep him entertained for 5 minutes.


Or, they backfire completely:

You can't tell in the picture, but Austin caked the nasty, green slime all over his hair too.

Luckily he's a total cutie.


2 comments:

Maren said...

Oh you do I love that little man. Seriously, he is too fun. We can't wait to see you guys at the end of the month.

Amanda said...

Ok Audrey this is seriously funny. My favorite is the green slime activity. He sure is cute even if he is naughty.