Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Toddler Open Gym

The community center in Auburn opens the big basketball gym for two hours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  Austin and I decided to check it out last Monday.  They put play mats down a lots of toys all throughout the gym.


Austin's favorite thing was the car and trailer.  He could only go backwards, but he cruised all over.

And his least favorite activity?  The bouncy house.  I forced him in because I thought for sure he'd like it, but no.  He made a beeline for the slide exit and had absolutely no interest in going in again.

To be honest, I wasn't as impressed with open gym time as I thought I would be.  I think it was such a big area that it was a little overwhelming for Austin.  He had a great time and I'm sure we'll visit again, but I don't think it will become part of our regular routine.

0 comments: